THUNDERBIRD COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
- No more than 2 people in the building to check in for a tee time.
- We will have hand sanitizers available at multiple locations in the building.
- We prefer online or over the phone bookings, however, accept in person bookings if there are no more than 2 guests entering the building.
- Preferred payment methods are online credit cards and use of tap machines.
- We will have one staff member at the front door as a reminder to each golfer of the physical distancing requirements as well to not touch anything on the course besides their own belongings, that includes the flag stick.
- Golfers are not permitted to shake hands post round.
- Our front desk staff is separated from the golfer during sale and check in times with a plexiglass barrier in our pro-shop.
- We request golfers to arrive only 15 minutes ahead of their scheduled time to ensure a limited number of people are waiting to play and discourage loitering.
- There will be no use of the putting green at this time.
- There will be no congregating in the parking lot either before or after the round.
- We will be operating tee times at 15 minutes apart from one another.
- There is to be one tee time booking per person, with a maximum of 4 players.
- Pull or push charts will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Golf cart rentals are reserved for single riders unless that the two people wishing to rent the cart do indeed reside in the same household. Golf carts rented out will also be cleaned and sanitized prior to the next arrival.
- Staff cleaning any rentals must be given protective, personal equipment (gloves, masks) and must wash their hands often and after each cart.
- Bunker rakes and benches are removed.
- For your protection, the cups are raised and act as a target instead of a hole in the ground. Please do not touch the raised cup.
- Regular sanitize any surface that is contacted – all common areas.
Welcome to Thunderbird,
Ottawa’s only golf course that lets you play all day.
This par-3 golf course features a number of energy-efficient lights, giving golfers the option of playing during the day or in the evening on Thursday through Saturday. It’s the only golf course in Eastern Canada with this feature!
The course – open from May until mid-October (usually) – is in stunning condition, and will test all aspects of your game. However, given its executive length, it’s a perfect course if you’re just learning to golf. And, it’s a wonderful facility for family fun.
And that’s our focus!
Thunderbird is all about FUN! We’re big supporters of making the game easier, faster, and more enjoyable for everyone.
Give us a try! You’ll be glad you did.
General Manager: Marjorie McCorriston
Manager: Keith Bolton
Superintendent: Mark Hyne
Did you know: TMSI Sports Management has invested into making the Superdome at Ben Franklin Park the best indoor facility in Ottawa. For golfers this winter, check out all the new offerings:
– 25% brighter lights
– Club storage is available
– New driving range targets…